Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Nice upgraded Harmony H-162 Acoustic in Baltimore area for $250

These Harmony H-162's from the late 50's and early 60's are my favorite all around vintage budget acoustics.   I love the tortoise binding and the necks are just right for my taste.  This one seems to have been upgraded enough to make it an xcellent all around day to day player. Check it out. 

***********************************  

60's Harmony H162 Acoustic Guitar neck reset bridge doc bone saddle - $250 (Sykesville)

image 1image 2image 3image 4image 5
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
Vintage 60s harmony H 162 in great shape. Refinished top, neck reset and bridged doc are recent upgrades. Fret ware is 9 out of 10. Action is very playable. Intonation is good. Tone is outstanding and what you would expect from a well aged vintage guitar. Added sustain thanks to the bridge doc (internal block and dowel under bridge pulls back of bridge flat w top) keeping string pressure off the guitar belly. This is one of the best H 162's I have seen in terms of sound and workmanship. The binding and neck are very attractive. There are plenty of nicks and dings that don't show on pics but are under new finish for the most part, what you would expect form a 60's Harmony. Also if you're interested I can add a LR Baggs m 1 active for an additional $75... If you buy the guitar.

Solid Spruce top, solid Mahogany back and sides.

I have two other Harmony's (also great boxes w restores) so I am letting this one go. Price is firm at $250.

Thanks, Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.