Wednesday, January 23, 2013

1970's Fender Quad Reverb at GC in Fayetteville GA for $399

I haven't seen this amp in person but it just showed up on the Guitar Centter used gear listings out of Fayetteville, GA.   It is a nice looking Silverface Quad Reverb and unless I am mistaken the missing Master Volume pot and knob would indicate that someone has already taken the time and expense to have this amp "Blackfaced" which should be a very nice upgrade indeed.  Of course with 100 watts going through four 12-inch Oxfords with no master Volume this is going to be one helluva loud amp.

The Quad is basically a Fender Twin Reverb with four speakers instead of two - it has a slightly different output transformer as a result and these are known for tremendous volume.  Waylon Jennings used to use one on the road back in his heyday.

If you are in the area this is definitely worth taking a look.

****************************  



108631452
GUITAR AMP
VINTAGE FENDER QUAD REVERB 011913
Amps
Guitar Center Fayetteville
Fayetteville, Georgia  30214
770-719-2531
View Store's Used Inventory
Now Only
$399.99
COMBO AMPS | GUITAR AMP
Available In: Fayetteville Telephone: 770-719-2531 Manager: Jonathan Hall
VINTAGE FENDER QUAD REVERB 011913


 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Someone's gonna score a major bargain for this. I bought my silverface 1977 Quad Reverb for $800. That thing threw trebles at me that pierced like daggers. Those amps will kill you if you're not in shape, though! If I remember correctly, mine weighed approximately, oh, eight thousand pounds or so.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.