Thursday, June 14, 2012

Supro solid body electric in Cincinatti for $400

The seller is calling this a Supro 60 but it is not - this single pickup Supro has the same body shape and overall look as a Belmont or Sahara - but the seller says it is a 3/4 guitar so I am taking for granted it is a short scale neck.  I doubt it is as short as the Special or Super models because those joined the body at the 12th fret and had a very small look and profile - this guitar appears to be close to a normal size with a 14 fret to the body neck.  It may not be a 3/4 size guitar at all. 

Personally, I love when a single pickup is placed right smack in the middle.  IMO single neck and single bridge locations severely limit the range of tones you can get from a guitar's pickup - the middle spot gives you a lot of room to shape the tone using the amp and volume knobs.  

I would love to get a chance to play and hear the sound of this guitar.

******************************* 






1962 Supro 60 - 3/4" size guitar - $400 (Hamilton)


Date: 2012-06-11, 10:49PM EDT
Reply to: tgz9j-3072251818@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]


Here is a 1962 Supro guitar. Sounds great, has dings all over the guitar, input jack needs some work on it. You have to move the chord around to get it to work but once it works it don't stop working even if you move it. I'm thinking it just needs taken apart and cleaned. Has that classic vintage sound. It has a wooden bridge and the neck seems to be straight but I'm no expert. All I have is a little Crate amp to hook it up to so if you want to hear how it really sounds you would have to supply your own amp. The lettering is fading off of the pick guard. That is normal for this guitar and most of the ones I've seen the lettering is all the way gone. These list on Ebay around 700.00. Please feel free to call or text or email. Thanks for Looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.