Monday, April 9, 2012

National Electric Bass Guitar in Lincoln NE for $300

This seller appears to be offering a late 1960's National brand electric bass. I've never seen this model but it looks like it was based on the Lexington guitar line of the final period when Valco/National was in decline nearing bankruptcy. Not a lot of info on these guitars and they sometimes are found with Japanese made hardware.

From the photo, the action on this bass appears to be "through the roof" so this may be a project guitar. I'd be curious to get feedback from anyone who has played one of these or gets a close up look at this particular model.

*********************************



National Bass Guitar - $300 (Madison Ave.)


Date: 2012-03-31, 10:09PM CDT
Reply to: vmtcw-2933661696@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is a late 60's to early 70's Guitar, Comes with hard case but is not the original case. From what I've found these can be very costly guitars. If your interested in taking a look or testing it out please let me know. Asking $300 or best offer

Dan
641-***-**** (iowa number but i live in lincoln)

1 comment:

  1. I own one of these. They are fun basses. Perfectly adequate, not spectacular. They sound great with a pick for a good garage tone, not a whole lot of sustain in them but in a good way. I paid 125 for mine and would never pay 300.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.