Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Rare Marshall 2150 100 watt combo in Carson CA for $500

Note: I immediately called and I am the 3rd person on the list to buy this amp so don't bother trying to chase it down - it will be gone by the end of today. - JC

This seller is offering a rare circa 1978-79 Marshall 2150 Combo. These are part of the JMP series amps that includes the Super Lead 100. This is about as much of an amp as Marshall ever tried to fit in a compact 1x12 combo. Master Volume is "Post Phase Inverter" which some owners of this amp say is capable of giving it a nice vintage Bluesbreaker tone. Opened up at 6 or 7 it is classic JMP series crunch. That EV-12L should handle the 100 watts but I'd expect you could use this to drive another speaker cabinet with ease. You don't see these amps very often.

************************************



Marshall 2150 Combo Amp - $500 (Carson CA)

Date: 2012-01-09, 10:21PM PST
Reply to: sale-scgpd-2792285554@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Marshall Combo Amp model 2150. From 1978, 2 channels, 100 watts with 12" EV speaker.
Has that vintage tone. Outer cond is OK for 34 yr old amp.

$500 obo 310-***-****


Location: Carson CA

1 comment:

  1. Jim-

    I was surprised to get a callback from the owner of this amp last week. Of course I hopped in the car and checked it out. I demoed it in his driveway- imagine a wailing Marshall bouncing off of the neighbor's houses!

    I bought it and took it home. Under the hood it's all orig with JJ glass.

    My new fave amp. Thanks for posting it! I will check your blog twice a day now...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.