Thursday, November 17, 2011

Guild Thunderbird Tube amp in Boston area for $300

The Thunderbird was Guilds version of the Fender Pro Reverb. It has Dual 6L6 power tubes for about 50 watts, Tremolo and Reverb. I don't know much about Guild amps but my quick research tells me that this seems like a unique example because it has the Cabinet and speaker configuration of a "Version 2" Thunderbird but the Face panel and chassis appear to be from the earlier Version 1. I suppose it could be a transition model.

These amps are well liked by players that own them and they fly way below the radar. If this is a Version 1 chassis then it would probably have the "can reverb" instead of the full "pan reverb" of the later model. Check it out:

*********************************





Vintage Guild Thunderbird Guitar Amplifier - $300 (Dennis)

Date: 2011-11-17, 8:49AM EST
Reply to: sale-hdswn-2706936992@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is an early '60's Guild Thunderbird guitar amplifier as advertised at the time by a very young George Benson. There aren't many of these around and an opportune time for someone to pick this up. A couple spots where covering has peeled but not bad .... cabinet can be easily recovered and look new. I'm on Cape Cod but thought there may be better interest in and around the Boston area, Call Jim 508.***-****

NOTE: I will not reply to emails ... too many spammers and scammers on CL.

Location: Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.