Thursday, November 17, 2011

Don't blame me if it's a scam but - 1961 Fender Strat in Austin TX for $2K

Maybe this is a typo and the seller wants $20K for the guitar. or maybe it is just some kind of fishing expedition - BUT - it is my job to alert you to these things so...

1961 Fender Stratocaster in Austin TX. $2000 Too good to be true? Probably yes.

Regular readers of this blog know about my experiences buying guitars from Texas so I am not biting - bit if you do - or if you find out more - please let us all know. - JC

***************************







1961 Fender Stratocaster Vintage Electric Guitar - $2000 (austin)


Date: 2011-11-17, 10:23AM CST
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

VINTAGE 1961 PRE CBS FENDER STRATOCASTER IS IN GREAT CONDITION

Contact says to email JessicaM293@aol.com for more info and pictures.


Location: austin
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

5 comments:

  1. I live in Austin, so I sent an email to the email address on the listing (requesting more pictures, just like it says) within an hour of the post, but have not heard back. I figure it must be a scam, but am ready if not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same ad with the same email address was posted on St. Louis, MO, Craigslist this morning (11/18/11).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ended up exchanging several emails with the "seller." It was not local to Austin, so I knew it was probably a scam. She talked about needing the money for a surgery for her daughter, insisted on using Google checkout, and kept asking for my address and phone number. I assume she would receive the money via Google checkout and then never ship the guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe I've seen those photos in the SF CL as well. Take note of the serial #.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was listed on KC, Mo CL as well. I emailed and she responded with the same story about her daughter needing surgery. I decided to Spam her email reply.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.