Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sano 500R-12 tube combo amp in Luoisville KY for $300

This is a terrific deal on a little known but highly desireable 50 watt 2x12 tube amplifier with Reverb and Tremolo - the Sano 500R-12. These were high level professional amps of their day similar to the Magnatone line and they are finely crafted and built to last. Note, forget about shipping - this will be a heavy amp - luckily it is on wheels.

This should make a great JAZZ or Country guitar amplifier. Stays clean all the way up and down the volume scale but has beautiful bell like tonal characteristics. What a nice amp.

***********************************






60's Sano guitar all tube amp 2x12 combo - $300 (Highlands)

--------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-08-06, 1:27AM EDT
Reply to: sale-k6sun-2532592291@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------

For sale is a 1960's Sano all tube 2x12 combo guitar amplifier. The Model number is 500R-12 and the Serial number is 500824. Sano amps were made right down the street from the Ampeg factory and have a great character all their own. I had a grounded plug put in and a few caps have been replaced/updated. The spring reverb and tremolo are in perfect working order and sound fantastic. This amp has been great for recording (stays clean at higher volumes and doesn't break up as much as other smaller amps... very surfy) and doesn't have any problems with it other than the usual 60's cosmetic wear...all the electronics are sound. And $300 for an all-tube, vintage 60's amp is a great deal. I just need to pay some bills and am willing to take a bit of a hit on it. Please contact me if you are interested and/or would like more information. I will be happy to oblige.
Thanks,
k.
•Location: Highlands

1 comment:

  1. I just bought one last week an am excited to try it out with my band practice tomorrow. I know it's ten years later now, but the person you sold it to got a deal. As long as it goes well in a band practice setting, I'm pretty sure I've already fallen in love with mine.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.