Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Audition - Zen-on 3 pickup Electric in Knoxville area

I have been looking for one of these to highlight ever since I saw Elvis Costello play one on his Live in Memphis DVD.

These Auditions are nicely made with bound necks, three gold foil pickups that you can sing into (see the Elvis C video below) and they have usual Japanese array of knobs and switches. Even the trems on these are not so bad either. The bodies are a dense hardwood called Sen - similar to Mahogany. Neat guitar and the OHSC is a very nice addition.

I emailed this seller since he didn't list a price and he said he'd take $300 cash but prefers a trade. It was still available as of today August 10, 2011.

********************


Vintage Japan 3 Pickup Guitar Audition Zenon (Maryville)

---------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-07-23, 10:38PM EDT
Reply to: sale-qshr3-2510097399@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
---------------------------------------------------------

Here is an older 3 pickup Guitar by Audition model Zenon. Everything works including the whammy bar. The back plate is stamped Japan. Comes with original hard case. Looking to trade for Mandolin or Fiddle. Local trade. Thanks

•Location: Maryville


And here is Elvis Costello playing his:




3 comments:

  1. A bit hard to tell from the pictures, but I think I had these same pickups on a Norma that was stolen from my house last winter. They're pretty incredible, if so. Little screamers, but very open and musical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently refinished one of these, cleaned up the connections, replaced the neck (old one was TOAST). Love the sound. Almost like a Telecaster from the same era. My personal favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a new pick guard just like this one. Where can I find one?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.