Thursday, July 7, 2011

Truetone (Kay) Speed Demon Triple in Santa Monica, CA for $250 - Hey HUNTER check it out!

This post is for a reader named HUNTER who called me a week ago asking about a Kay Speed Demon. here you go - this one has some cosmetic issues but it kinda looks really cool. The pickups all work which is the really important part.

The relic-abuseed look of this guitar reminds me of the heavily trashed Kay electric that Jack White plays in the movie "It Might Get Loud." This ain't no beauty contest.

*************************





1950s Truetone Speed Demon - $250 (Santa Monica)

------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-07-07, 10:05AM PDT
Reply to: sale-3uunc-2481851158@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 1950s Truetone Speed Demon its a beautiful guitar but its collecting dust and I rather is be played and used. They usualy go for 1000+ but just don't think this guy will go that much. Someone some where down the line through the years thought they should try sanding it but they stoped thank goodness. Someone that is going at restoring guitars can probably fix the paint in a jiff. All the wiring and pickups are good got them checked out it sounds like a angel. All the orignal parts are on it I have a aftermarket pickguard for it but didn't put it on so if your intrested email me maybe we can talk about a deal.

•Location: Santa Monica

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.