Saturday, July 23, 2011

Beautiful Antique Parlor Guitar in Dayton OH for $95

This listing is over 6 weeks old so I am sure it is long gone - but I wanted to reproduce the photos here to show what is still turning up out there.

Just look at the gorgeous craftsmanship of this guitar - and I would not be the least surprised if it did turn out to be at least 100 years old - this certainly looks like 19th century guitar-making to my untrained eye. I wish we could see the inlay around the body as well but one glance at those hand-shaved ebony bridge pins - slab ebony fingerboard and bone (tusk?) tuning keys leaves me aching that I didn't see this within a day or two of it first being listed.

I have no idea if this is anywhere near playable condition - it may require many hours of luthier work to bring it back to pristine playing condition - but it is a beautiful specimen from days long gone.

*********************************







ANTIQUE PARLOR GUITAR - $95 (DAYTON OHIO)
Date: 2011-06-14, 12:32AM EDT 7503307
Reply to: sale-zrfpp-2439227999@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
I have what I believe is called a parlor guitar. I believe it is over 100 years old and maybe much older. Some highlights are very ornate decoration around the sound hole made by hand of mother of pearl. real inlaid wood trim around edge of guitar. Ebony bridge with wood pegs with mother of pearl inlay.tops. Genuine bone tuners in good shape. Issues : age cracks on top sides and back are good though. 2 frets missing, nut missing, neck not straight, that's about it. no name or numbers on guitar. CALL 937-************ NO TEXTING. CASH ONLY

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.