Monday, April 11, 2011

1950's Harmony Roy Smeck Lap Steel in KC for $275

I spoke to the seller of this item - his name is Joe Boyd, and this is one of five Lap Steels his father collected over the years - the others have all been sold (including a Fender Triple and a Gibson BR-9) but he still has this sweet little Roy Smeck model. These are very pretty - sort of a poor man's National Metropolitan. it is the same as a Harmony H7 Lap Steel but with the Special Roy Smeck Signature palm rest cover. The seller said there is no case.

********************************




Vintage Steel Guitar - $275 (Olathe, KS)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-03-26, 5:00PM CDT
Reply to: sale-8aya9-2288392309@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

---------------------------------------------------------------

I have a Vintage Steel Guitar looking for a new home. It is a Roy Smeck model. My dad passed away several years ago and he was an avid Hawaiian Steel Guitar Player. I am just now getting around to looking through his music collection. I know very little about this guitar and my intent is to sell it on Ebay. I am using recent Ebay sales of like guitars as my fair market pricing guide. I am comfortable with the price I have listed here. I thought I would throw this post out there in case someone local was a player or collector who might be interested before posting it on Ebay. Give a call if you are interested.
*************
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.