Friday, February 4, 2011

1940's Philco based Tube Guitar amp Combo in Huntsville AL for $120

I emailed the seller of this amp and he sent me some pics along with this added note:  

(Control knobs are ) Left to right on the bottom:  Volume, tone for channel 1, Volume, bass, treble for channel 2.   On top:  intensity for tremolo speed for trem.

Last night as I was playing it, the trem went out.  The intensity control has some effect on the tone somehow.  I'm not interested in getting it repaired so I will drop the price to $120

Here is the listing:

***********************************



1940's Philco all Tube Guitar amp - $150 (Huntsville)


Date: 2011-01-31, 5:26PM CST
Reply to: mailto:sale-9vyrs-2190675490@craigslist.org?subject=1940's%20Philco%20all%20Tube%20Guitar%20amp%20-%20%24150%20(Huntsville)&body=%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fhuntsville.craigslist.org%2Fmsg%2F2190675490.html%0A [Errors when replying to ads?]



This is a 1940's era Philco Guitar amp. Scott Johnson (Swampworks Amps) has gone through this baby and tweaked it out to have that special tone. It is 12 watts with two 6V6 power tubes and five 12AT7 preamp tubes and one 5Y3 rectifier tube. All the tubes are new. It makes a great little studio amp and breaks up nice and smooth without being too loud. Somewhere down the line someone put a tremolo circuit in it on a separate channel and put the whole thing in a home made cabinet. it has a single 12" speaker that Scott says is original. I have $150 in in it with the new tubes and Scott's time. I will take just that. I need the money for a new Swampworks amp :)

  • Location: Huntsville

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.