Friday, November 26, 2010

Nice Trashy MIJ Garage Blues guitar in Bay area for $150 -

The seller lists this as a Teisco but I don't think it is an actual Teisco Del Rey - but one of the many similar Jaanese made guitars.  Amazingly you can almost guarantee that this is a solid mahogany guitar - and I mean one solid piece not a laminate - since I've owned a few and they usually are.   It may be a short scale (24 inch) since it is only a 19 fret guitar - or it may be a standard - hard to tell from the pic.  But there is a good chance those pickups probably sound pretty good - nice and raunchy - worth a shot.

******************************



Vintage 60's Teisco Electric guitar MUST GO!!!! - $150 (albany / el cerrito)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-11-25, 11:07AM PST

Reply to: sale-hz3pv-2079232596@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up for sale today is a 60's Teisco Electric guitar with original foil pickups. This vintage guitar is in great considering it's age!! The edge and the headstock show wear but the finish is very glossy and has no checking. All the electronics work perfectly no scratchy pots and the "mic" selector switch work great. This guitar has a great sound great for blues, rock, indie, and country. Currently I have it set up as a slide guitar to play dirty blues with and it nails that delta blues tone. If slide is not your thing let me know and I can setup up to your standards and style. Don't pass up this chance to own a piece of history at a fraction of the price of most vintage guitars. I have set the price at $150.00 but feel free to make an offer. If you have any question please feel free to email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.