Monday, October 4, 2010

Silvertone (by Kay) Speed Demon in College Station TX for $375

This mid 1960's Speed Demon is rather unusual in that it was branded a Silvertone and sold through Sears.  I've seen (and owned) a lot of these over the years and this one looks to be in very good condition - definitely all original.   These are not really great  rock guitars - they tend to feed back with gain at high volumes - but they are lovely and have a nice round sweet jazzy tone.  And they look great on the wall.

*****************************



Silvertone Speed Demon 1960's 3 PICK UP Guitar - $375 (College Station)




Date: 2010-09-28, 5:50PM CDT
Reply to: mailto:sale-dbqaq-1978806874@craigslist.org?subject=Silvertone%20Speed%20Demon%201960's%203%20PICK%20UP%20Guitar%20-%20%24375%20(College%20Station)&body=%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fcollegestation.craigslist.org%2Fmsg%2F1978806874.html%0A [Errors when replying to ads?]



This is a fine, Vintage Guitar that has been in my family for a long time. I think my Brother bought it back in the mid 60's. It has been played very little. This kind of sat around for years waiting for people to pick it up and learn guitar, but my Brother never seemed to get into it. I have it now and have no need for it and I would rather see it go to a good home and get played than sit in a case in my closet. It has had a couple of minor repairs to the body over the years. There is a spot near the tail piece that has a rather amateur looking repair to the finish about the size of a silver dollar. There is also about a one inch piece of binding that has been replaced on the bottom front pointed bout that looks like it could be improved upon by a skilled craftsman. The electronics and all three pick-ups work fine and sound very good. Cash Only Please. Thanks

  • Location: College Station

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.