Friday, June 4, 2010

Rare Stewart (British) tube amp in Detroit for $225

There are so many good tube amp deals on CL right now it is sick (I guess everybody is dumping their excess gear) - but I wanted to highlight this one because I'd never seen it before. Stewart brand.  Says it is Made in England.  I just love these squiggly lined speaker grills!!  Seems like a Gretsch/Valco copy to me. So cool!

*************************************



Vintage 1958 Stewart Tube Amp Harmonica - $225 (Lake Orion)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2010-05-29, 1:03PM EDT

Reply to: sale-ene7c-1765574368@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up for sale is a Vintage 1958 Stewart tube amplifier. Made in England. Designed as an accordian amp, would be great for harp. All tube, about 12 watts, 2 x 8" speakers. Volume, treble, bass, tremelo controls. Tremelo does not work. All original, breaks up nicely at high levels. Not mint, but pretty good shape. Rare! Asking $225.00 obo. Thanks! Tom

•Location: Lake Orion  

2 comments:

  1. hi ive been watching your blog for a while and i even bought one of the guitars, it was a 67 Fender Coronado 1. Anyway, i was wondering what your method is for searching craigslist nationally since you surely cant be looking through everything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use keyword searches on Google and I also have an RSS feed from CL. And I waste alot of time just looking to.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.