Saturday, March 20, 2010

Rare Harmony 535 tube 50w head project in Battle Creek MI for $50

I've never seen one of these Harmony 535 heads before but the seller is correct in that it looks very similar to a Silvertone 1484.  50 watts of dual 6L6 power - even the knob layout on the front panel is the same.  Of course this one isa project so you need to know what you are doing - this may or may not have a similar schematic to the Silvertone.  But if you are handy this is certainly a good deal for a vintage tube head.

**************************************

Harmony H535 Guitar Amplifier Head - $50 (Battle Creek)


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-03-10, 6:52PM EST

Reply to: sale-5zwms-1638233115@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harmony H535 Guitar Amplifier Head This amp head is being sold for repair or parts. It has a similar tube compliment to the Silvertone 1484. Has full compliment of tubes, but are/never were matched or biased for the amp. Reverb pan is missing and the second channel needs work. Has hum in both channels. Tremolo does work, but not as it should. I have been on the look out for this same model over the past several years to compare price, but haven’t seen any sell over the past year. It appears to be the largest amp that Harmony made, but don’t quote me on that. Knobs are the same ones used on the Silvertone models. What you see is what you get. I don’t have a cab but I can demo it off of the speakers in my Vibrolux. Cash price only. $50.

UPDATE - I plugged this in last night after I posted and it is now not working as well as it did. It plays for about 30 seconds and then cuts out.
 
Location: Battle Creek

3 comments:

  1. these things are as rare as a do do bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this still for sale i have the speakers that go with it and the guitar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my 535.. homemade photocell and light to replace weak tremelo. There is tiny adjustment in chassis to rebias tremelo tube. I had to change circuit slightly.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.