Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lyra (Teisco) Electric with two Goldfoil pickups in San Pedro CA for $165

Here is another neat little Teisco with a Lyra badge - these "center screw" gold-foil pickups are the same type used by Ry Cooder (yeah I know hype hype hype) so you may like the tone for vintage sounding slide.  Mostly just nice if you like these funky Japanese guitars and are looking for one like this as a 2nd stage axe or for your collection.

*********************************************

Teisco Del Ray type 60s guitar..... - $165 (San Pedro)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2010-03-03, 8:47PM PST

Reply to: sale-w4kdk-1627647106@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very cool guitar which plays nice and gets a great sound. It is from the late 60s or early 70s and the condition is excellent with very few scratches or dents The pots are a little scratchy but overall everything works including the whammy bar. The brand on the head reads LYRA and the stamp on the neck plate states MADE IN JAPAN. The photos are shown with Les Paul knobs but I have put the original knobs back on. I have gigged with this axe and it handles very nicely with an almost "Strat" like sound.

Location: San Pedro

2 comments:

  1. howdy jim,
    the center screw gold foils are not the type in coodercaster. ry has one side screw in neck spot. cs type has magnetized-rubber magnets while ss has alnico magnets. latter sounds wayyyyy better (ask me how i know this) keep up the good work!
    best,
    mike
    rocket_no9@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike: Thanks for the info - I guess I got them backwards. So the sidescrew goldfoils are the ones - gotcha. You know funny thing about it is I prefer a much raunchier mid-spiked tone for slide so I've never been a big fan of the goldfoils. They have a sweet round acoustic type tone I've never been able to do much with. I had the same problem with my Kay Speedbumps and Barney Kessel pickups - to me, they almost sound like a vocal mic on the strings. Thanks - JC

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.