Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wolfram 1890's Mandolin in Grand Rapids MI for $200 obo

Wolfram was a 19th Century guitar maker in Columbus Ohio and the first incarnation of his company went bust in 1901 so this would be an 1890's mandolin. He is famous for making the first aluminum neck guitar before the turn of the century.

There is no pic of the Mandolin on the listing but expect a bowl type (not a Gibson A style) with some nice woodwork. This would be one for the fretted Americana collectors.

antique mandoline - $200 (spring lake)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-01-26, 4:37PM EST
Reply to: sale-tjt86-1571954262@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The mandolin is in great shape with great sound I just don't know what to do with it. Stamped in the metal is"PAT. MAY 23,'93. Inside the bowl there is a label that reads"THE WOLFRAM GUITAR CO. COLUMBUS, OHIO." There is also a printed number on the wood in the bowl "5248". It is in a case but the case shows some wear. The bowl is wood strips in two colors. I wish I knew music, the sound is great. I don't know the value, if interested just make an offer. I don't know how to do pictures but a showing can be arranged. Thanks and have a nice evening.


Location: spring lake

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.