Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Peavey Mace 160 watt 2x12 amp in San Antonio TX for $200

Everybody knows when you say "Peavey Mace" it automatically recalls Lynyrd Skynard. These were that bands signature amp - and they are insanely-freakin' LOUD!! No master Volume on these hybrid amps with the Six 6L6 power tubes. Don't even think about using this in an apartment - they put out about 105db with the volume at 1.

But if you want a nice loud rugged stage amp - well... here you go.

Peavey Mace 160 watt 6L6GC tube guitar amp - $200 (NWSA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-12-15, 9:50AM CST
Reply to: sale-x2nwx-1511068642@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hi there,

I have an original Peavey Mace 2X12 160 watt guitar amp. This is a mid 70's mace and is not the VTX version. This one has tremolo and reverb. It is fully working and sounds fantastic. If you've ever wanted to pretend like your bedroom was a NASA blastpad, this amp will help you do that with 6 6L6GC power tubes producing 160 watts. Amp looks pretty good too. 200 bucks and you can take it home and play Sweet Home Alabama until your ears fall off.

I am looking to trade it for a smaller tube amp. I would trade for a Peavey Classic 30, 50, 100, Delta Blues, Fender HRD, almost any vintage amp or any other tube amp that tickles my fancy. I would also consider taking cash for it, but really could use a smaller tube amp. I acutally prefer heads to combos, but whatever, let me know what you have.
One other thing. I am not afraid to trade for an amp that is not working as long as it is an amp that would be worth the trouble to have fixed.


Location: NWSA

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.