Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fender Cyclone II in Boston to trade for a Fender MIM Tele


These triple Jaguar pickup Cyclone II's are much more desireable than the earlier Cyclones - not a world class guitar but very cool and very playable. This seller is willing to trade for a MIM Telecaster which basically means he only wants $300-$350. That's a good deal onthis hard to find guitar.

ender Cyclone II (South of Boston)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-12-10, 8:11AM EST
Reply to: sale-qy5dv-1503477634@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Part of the Fender Deluxe series. The Cyclone II has been discontinued. 24 ¾ inch scale. It has three American Jaguar pickups. A mustang-type body, candy apple red, with competition stripes. A jazzmaster headstock with vintage tuners. A strat-style tremolo bridge, with bar included. Also comes with a hard case.

Each pickup has an on/off switch, unlike a strat, which has a 5 way selector. So with a strat you have 5 tone options, but with the Cyclone you have seven (N, M, B, NMB, NM, MB, NB)—very versatile. It's kind of hard to describe the sound--like a Jag, but better, and like a strat, but meatier with more tone options. It's semi-rare, and I've never seen another one come up on CL, but, you know, not SUPER rare or anything.

It's a really sweet guitar that plays and sounds great, and I am reluctant to let it go. I even put new strings on it the other day. Lots of people give this guitar praise (which is why I traded for it!) and it has many positive reviews. However, I am interested in trades, but only for a Telecaster. I just sold mine and I miss it. So if you have a tele you’d like to trade, I’m into it. I could possibly throw in some cash for a MIA or MIJ, but MIM is fine, the deluxe, the standard, highway one, FSR, Blackout, Nashville, maple (preferred), rosewood…Not really into Squier, but if you had a vintage modified/ classic vibe and some cash I’d listen. I’m only looking for a telecaster, so I’ll just keep it if I don’t get one. Thanks!

More pics available on request.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.