Sunday, October 25, 2009

Gretsch 1940's Synchromatic Archtop Acoustic inNJ for $500





Gretsch is not too well known for it's acoustic guitars so these pre-war models are relatively rare. I didn't even know Fred Gretsch was making guitars in the 1940's - so I've still got a lot to learn. I've never seen this particular model before but a little research tells me this could be a 1942 or so Model 100 - that means the one in the photo is missing the original tailpiece. Either way this is a rare guitar.

Gretsch synchromatic Guitar from the late 1940's with original case - $1 (Millville nj)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-10-24, 5:09PM EDT
Reply to: sale-fgskb-1436177151@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Up for sale is a gretsch guitar from the 1940's . It has the original case which I was told is worth money also. The overall condition is really good.I know the pictures arn't the greatest because they were done with a cell phone. But i can promise that this looks in perfect condition for it age with lots of shine. I also have an vintage Ace strap from the 50's/60's almost brand new condition that i seen selling on ebay with bids for over 80 dollars. This also comes with the original pick guard and some others things Asking $500. 856-506-8116 email Rbcd2001@aol.com


Location: Millville nj

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I wonder if you can help??? I have a 1940's Art Deco single cut Archtop with a pickup built into the neck, inside one of the "F" holes is a sticker stating "Pearl Gold by Ges Gesch"... There is a sheet of newspaper inside (not retrievable) in German dated from the 40's!!! It is in fantastic condition, apart from a slightly warped neck (approx 3mm) It is still very playable and sounds beautiful, all electrics work, volume and tone controls. Everything is hand made from figured woods to hand carved metalwork. The finish is in Tobacco burst with Art Deco Black/White decorative headstock and pickup covering, If anyone knows anything about these guitars or is interested in buying it, please contact me on davehickson@hotmail.com
    Regards, Dave.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.