Thursday, October 29, 2009

1963 Kay Truetone Speed Demon in Los Angeles for $450 OBO -





This is my Speed Demon - I am selling this a few other guitars right now. I am into this guitar for aa bit more than the selling price - but I've enjoyed it so it's no big deal. If I get $450 for it I will include a nice Coffin Case that fits like a glove - otherwise I'll ship it in a chipboard case or gigbag - well padded and boxed. I bought this for $400 a few years back and had Fralin rewind two of the pickups which cost me another $155. The Coffin case is worth $90 all by itself. It has a nice setup right now with 10's and sounds sweet - all the electronics work.

Vintage 1963 Kay Truetone Speed Demon - Sell or Trade - $450 (Encino)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-10-27, 10:33PM PDT
Reply to: sale-hv5wd-1440934093@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This Kay Speed Demon was sold as a Truetone and has the original Kluson Deluxe Tuners with the original plastic buttons. All the elecronics work great - I had Lindy Fralin rewind two of the pickups and they all sound exactly as they should.

I will consider certain trades but only if of equal or greater value.

Jim in Encino - 818-744-2791

Jim in Encino - 818-744-2791

Jim in Encino - 818-744-2791

Jim in Encino - 818-744-2791


Location: Encino

1 comment:

  1. My brother has the exact same guitar. First thing I noticed is that it has the original pick guard. Very Very nice. AND a bargain by any standard. Wish I needed it, but I have to sell off some guitars first.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.