Monday, September 21, 2009

1952 Vega Jazz Guitar in Rhode Island for $500


Vega's fly pretty low under the radar - but they made some beautiful guitars in the 30's and 40's and this 1952 model looks pretty nice though it may be one of their Harmony built bodies - still this is an American Made Jazzbox from 1952 - should be nice.

Gibson style hollow body guitar--''VEGA'' boston ,mass - $500 (rhode island)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-09-21, 3:46PM EDT
Reply to: sale-heseg-1385530451@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


this came from the original onwer he bought it new in 1952- comes with original alligator brown case- guitar sound great looks great -plays great

500.00 or offer


Location: rhode island

1 comment:

  1. I have an old vega solid body guitar that resembles the westerner but is all bare mahogany. the electronics date to 1954. 1 black pickup. black plastic tuning pegs. gold color vega decal on headstock. the bridge looks original to the guitar, but kind of flimsy. It has a cover that goes over the bridge and pickup. I saw an identical cove on a very old vega lap steel. My best guess is it's either a prototype of the westerner or maybe employee built guitar. I've had it for years and thats all I can find out about it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.