Wednesday, June 24, 2009

1963 Kay Truetone Speed Demon 3 w/ Truetone Amp in LA for $500











Okay so this is my listing but I couldn't help but put it here for you guys. I will ship this if necessary but you have to pay the shipping cost. This is a great collectible guitar and amp set but I can't justify keeping this and the two other guitars I just purchsed (Harmony H-75).








Call me if you are interested - 818-744-2791 Jim C.








1963 Kay Speed Demon / Truetone Jazz King w/ 1963 Truetone Amp - WoW! - $500 (Encino)
Reply to: mailto:sale-wmeab-1237643815@craigslist.org?subject=1963%20Kay%20Speed%20Demon%20%2F%20Truetone%20Jazz%20King%20w%2F%201963%20Truetone%20Amp%20-%20WoW!%20-%20%24500%20(Encino) [Errors when replying to ads?]Date: 2009-06-24, 11:27AM PDT
This is a vintage Kay collector's special - you are not likely to find anything similar for this price for a long time. 1963 Truetone Jazz King (Kay Speed Demon) with the matching 1963 Truetone tube amp. Everything on both the guitar and amp is 100% original. Nothing has been touched or upgraded or replaced. This is serious collector's piece - not a daily player. Guitar is probably an 8/10 and the Amp is about a 8.5/10. Check out this link for some info on the guitar: http://www.gbase.com/gear/true-tone-jazz-king-1963-sunburst This amp was made by the Kay Guitar Company in Chicago, USA in 1963 and sold through the Western Auto Catolog with the matching amp. This guitar cost $95 in 1963 and I believe the amp was $39. A set like this in perfect condition would be valued at $1000+ but at least one of the pickups on this guitar is not functioning correctly (possibly two). The bridge pickup works fine and has a great tone - I can't tell what is wrong with the neck and center pickups - could be wiring, could be the funky bakelite switch, or they might need to be rewound - whatever the problem I am not about to take this guitar apart to make any repairs or resolder any wires - it is too perfect and pristine and original - so that will be up to you. As it stands it is a stunning example of this model and of vintage 1963 era workmanship. If you want ot use this toplay live you will need to make some adjustments / changes such as replacing the strap pin that is too old to use as it is and maybe adding a tuneamatic bridge because this uses the old non-compensated wooden archtop type bridge. I am hoping to sell this as a matched set (that's how I bought it) and if I get my reasonable asking price of $500 I will throw in a very nice well padded Coffin hardcase that fits this guitar like a glove. Checkthe prices for these guitars online and you will see this is a very good deal. If necessary, Lindy Fralin will rewind these pickups for you for $100 each and you willstill have a great deal. Or it might turn the switch just needs to be resoldered and you will have grabbed up an amazing deal for cheap. Whatever the outcome, you will love this guitar. This was always one of my dream guitars and I do love it - but I recently purchased an incredible Harmony H75 and a Stratotone so I am letting this one go. Good luck and enjoy it. Jim in Encino 818-744-2791 Jim in Encino 818-744-2791

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.